Thursday May 28, 6:30pm AEST
This event will run for approximately one hour.
To “attend” this virtual event, you will need to complete the “register now” form at the bottom of this web page.
Attendees will be able to ask questions during the live interactive broadcast.
The list of wines to be featured are named below, should you wish to source the wines and taste along during the event.
If seeking to purchase the wines, we recommend our YGOW Awards retail partner, Langton’s, or via the wineries directly.
Winemakers at the event to chat
- Angus Vinden, The Vinden Headcase (Hunter Valley, NSW)
- Daniel Payne, Dirt Candy Wine (Hunter Valley, NSW)
- Jonathan Ross, Micro Wines (Barossa, SA)
- Samuel Leyshon, Mallaluka (Canberra District)
- Steve Crawford, Frederick Stevenson (Barossa, SA)
- Steve Mobbs, Dreaded Friend (Central Ranges, NSW)
- Tom Ward, Swinging Bridge (Orange, NSW)
- Plus special guest, Prue Henschke of Henschke (Barossa/Adelaide Hills, SA) – a partner of our Wineslinger Awards.
Wines to be tasted and discussed
- 2019 Mallaluka Sparkling Sangiovese (Canberra District, ACT) RRP $35
- 2019 Swinging Bridge ‘#003 Orange’ Gwertztraminer, Pinot Gris and Riesling (Orange, NSW) RRP $35
- 2018 Dreaded Friend Grenache (Central Ranges, NSW) RRP $35
- 2019 Dirt Candy Wine ‘The Little Circus’ Red Blend with Traminer Skins (Hunter Valley, NSW) RRP $24
- 2018 The Vinden Headcase ‘Single Barrel Shiraz #2’ (Hunter Valley, NSW) RRP $60
Please note, the Two Tonne Tasmania and the Mattara Pinot Noirs are available in YGOW Awards Top 50 mixed pack offers available at Langton’s.
One of the mixed packs available from Langton’s.
Your name and email address is required to access this virtual event. Register now to reserve your place, and be updated with further details of the event.
See the full list of Top 50 winemakers in the 2020 Young Gun of Wine Awards here, and also vote on who wins the People’s Choice until June 1.