Please note this Policy and all personal and/or sensitive information collected and otherwise dealt with by YGOW is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles (“APP”) contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act, as amended from time to time.
This Policy explains how YGOW collects, uses, holds and discloses personal and sensitive information provided about individuals to YGOW through the use of https://ygowine.wpengine.com/, and any other websites operated by YGOW (collectively “thewebsites”), mobile applications, social media pages or other applications related to YGOW and any services and/or goods offered or provided by YGOW (“services”).
By continuing to use the websites and/or services or when you make an application to use our services or purchase goods from YGOW, you acknowledge that you have read this Policy and acknowledge and consent to YGOW collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information supplied by you through your use of the websites and/or services. You also consent to YGOW retaining and/or using personal information provided by you subject to the terms of this Policy, the websites and any other applicable contracts that apply to any goods or services we provide to you.
3. Information of Third Parties
If you provide us with personal or sensitive information of third parties, you will be responsible for informing the individual and obtaining the individual’s consent for their personal or sensitive information to be provided to YGOW for the purposes indicated in the corresponding sections of this Policy or as otherwise indicated at the time of collection.
The purpose of this Policy is to:
- clearly communicate the personal and/or sensitive information handling practices of YGOW;
- enhance the transparency of YGOW’s information collection processes, and
- give individuals a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal and/or sensitive information that YGOW holds, and the way YGOW handles that information.
5. Personal Information
In this Policy, “personal information” has the same meaning as defined by section 6 of the Privacy Act: information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Personal information may include your name, address (including previous addresses), contact telephone number(s), email addresses and/or other information that is necessary for the delivery of our goods or services to you.
6. Sensitive Information
In this Policy, “sensitive information” has the same meaning as defined by section 6 of the Privacy Act. Sensitive information may include information or an opinion about your membership of a professional or trade association or your health information.
In the course of regular business activity, YGOW will from time to time collect and deal with your personal and/or sensitive information.
If you do not want any of your data collected, you can stop using our websites or services at any time (subject to applicable contracts).
YGOW collects personal and/or sensitive information from individuals in numerous ways, including when an individual:
visits our websites, social media channels or mobile applications;
- emails YGOW for any reason, including inquiries, comments and complaints;
- telephones YGOW;
- completes an expression of interest form;
- provides YGOW with personal information, including for example by providing a business card;
- purchases tickets for an event run by YGOW from YGOW, a related party and/or a third party;
- makes a purchase from YGOW and/or a third party;
- allows any information on social media to be shared with us.
We may also collect personal information about you from other people or organisations. This may include our service partners and contractors (such as a ticketing office) or third parties who conduct market research or run competitions and other promotions on our behalf.
YGOW does not generally take steps to:
- verify personal information about any individual disclosed to it; or
seek additional personal information about any individual on the basis of information disclosed to it,
- except in circumstances where it is reasonably necessary for YGOW to do so, including (but not limited to) confirming the identity of an individual seeking access to personal and/or sensitive information.
When collecting information from you – whether it be via our websites, email, hardcopy, face-to-face or any other services – we will take reasonable steps to inform you of why we are collecting the information, the purposes for which we intend to use that information and to whom it may be disclosed.
We will only collect your sensitive information with your consent and where information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our services.
We note that in certain circumstances, if you do not consent to the use of your personal and/or sensitive information as outlined in this policy or at the time of collection, you may not have access to our services and we might not be able to provide you with our services.
A person may choose to deal with YGOW anonymously. However, in circumstances where a person requests details about personal information held by YGOW, they may be required to provide sufficient details to confirm their identity, to ensure that no unauthorised person is provided with access to personal information.
YGOW does not disclose personal information to any person whose identity cannot be verified.
YGOW may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to process transactions;
- to process and make arrangements for an event or our services;
- to send periodic emails or notifications for processing orders;
- to send you information and updates pertaining to our order;
- to send you related good or service information;
- to send you promotional, marketing or other information about our services and/or events through email, postal mail or some other means unless you otherwise instruct us to cease or refrain from sending you such information;
- to send you communications in connection with our goods and/or services and other events;
- providing and contacting you in relation to our subscription services, where you have subscribed to our services;
- to contact you about our events through email, postal mail or some other means;
- to conduct research about our goods and/or services;
- to monitor and improve our goods and/or services;
- to allow YGOW to personalise our services;
- to process any inquiries you have about the YGOW, our services or events;
- to respond to your feedback or complaints;
- to endeavour to protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- communicating with you before and after an event; or
- determining and handling your requirements, including special assistance requirements for events;
- providing and contacting you in relation to our subscription services, where you have subscribed to our services; or
- providing, operating and contacting you in relation to our market research activities, competitions and events.
Any personal information collected by YGOW will be used for the purposes for which it was given to YGOW, for secondary purposes which are related to those purposes, for purposes which you have otherwise consented to, or any other purposes in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We will only use and disclose your sensitive information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or a purpose that is directly related to this primary purpose and is reasonably expected, and you consent to the use and disclosure on this basis or as otherwise required to do so by law. If for example we have collected information about any medical conditions you are suffering, then you consent to us disclosing this information to our service providers (for example restaurants) if they reasonably have a need to know such information in order to safely supply services for your benefit.
We may disclose your personal and/or sensitive information we hold to:
- our directors, officers, employees and other associated companies within our corporate group;
- other related and non-related organisations including your company or organisation if you use our services under a corporate account;
- service providers or contractors who help us provide services (for example, for ticketing services, marketing or remarketing purposes through our websites or other social media channels);
- credit card providers;
- credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- debt collection agencies, in the event of your default in payment of monies owed to us;
- government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorised by law;
- our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- our related entities;
- third party suppliers of goods or services which you have selected;
- third party sponsors or co-sponsors of promotions on our websites. Only information collected during a promotion will be disclosed to these parties;
- third parties when we contract out some of our functions and activities; or
- to a law enforcement agency if we are requested to do so by that agency in relation to suspected unlawful activity.
YGOW does not otherwise provide personal and/or sensitive information to any other organisations, government agencies or third parties except in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Where appropriate we may handle personal and/or sensitive information relying on applicable exemptions under the Privacy Act, including but not limited to, the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee exemption.
12. Cross-border data flows
We may disclose your personal and/or sensitive information to recipients located overseas.
Generally, we will only disclose your personal and/or sensitive information to these overseas recipients in connection with our services, as consented to or permitted by law or where we may use an overseas server to host some or all of our business data, including personal and/or sensitive information.
13. Direct Marketing
YGOW may collect and use personal information for the purposes of YGOW and/or third parties providing direct marketing services to users of the YGOW websites, in accordance with the law.
If you do not wish for your information to be used for direct marketing purposes you may contact YGOW at any time and instruct YGOW to cease or refrain from using your information for direct marketing purposes. Contact details for YGOW are provided below at section 24.
Alternatively, when making purchases or registering with YGOW you may elect to ‘opt out’ of receiving direct marketing from YGOW or other third parties.
14. Subscription to YGOW
If you authorise your email subscription to YGOW, we may provide you with information regarding our goods and services through different means, such as by post, email, or any other equivalent means of communication.
Your subscription to YGOW may entail using personal information to make personalised advertising related to our goods and services available to you via post, email or other equivalent electronic means of communication.
We highlight that in order to improve the services we provide to you, personal information provided by you and related to purchases, preferences and tastes may be used for the purposes of analysis, generating user profiles, marketing studies, quality surveys and improving our customer interaction.
If you are a registered user, you can change your preferences related to the sending of these communications through any relevant directions we provide.
You can also unsubscribe by following the information we provide to you.
15. Storage and Security
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal and sensitive information we hold from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. YGOW stores your personal and sensitive information physically and/or electronically and has processes in place to endeavour to ensure the security of your personal and sensitive information, such as encryption of data when it is transferred to our service providers and limitations on access to personal and sensitive information within our organisation.
16. Access to personal information
In situations where YGOW holds personal information about you, you are entitled to be given access to any of your personal information by making a written request to YGOW (subject to certain exceptions). If you would like access to your personal information please make a written request to our Privacy Officer. Details of how to contact us are set out in section 24. We will normally provide access without charge.
17. Correction of personal information
In the event YGOW holds personal and/or sensitive information about you and:
- YGOW is satisfied that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading; or
- you believe that any of the information that we hold about you is not current or incomplete,please make a request to our Privacy Officer for correction (refer to section 24 below).
YGOW will take reasonable steps to correct the information to ensure that the information we hold is accurate, up to date, relevant and not misleading.
18. How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal and/or sensitive information for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which the personal and/or sensitive information was collected.
19. External Websites
Please note the websites may contain links to other external websites. These links are provided as a convenience to you. YGOW is not affiliated with these sites and accordingly has no control over – and is not responsible for – their content, activities, privacy practice or other policies.
Please note that we reserve our right to amend, remove or vary this Policy at any time without notice. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to this Policy.
21. Contact & complaints
Your privacy is very important to us. For that reason, if you have any questions or concerns about how YGOW handles and safeguards your personal and/or sensitive information or if you wish to access, amend personal and/or sensitive information we hold about you or require a copy of this Policy, please make a request in writing.
Young Gun of Wine,
PO Box 308
Albert Park VIC 3206.
Please attention the Privacy Officer
In the event that you decide to contact us for any of the reasons above, we request that you please provide us with sufficient details regarding your reason for getting in touch with us.
We note that if necessary, we will ask you to provide us with a copy of your ID card, passport or other valid identity document.
22. Further information on privacy
You may obtain further information regarding privacy issues in Australia by visiting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website at www.privacy.gov.au.