What are we all about…
Joval Wine Group is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fun privately owned Wine & Glassware distributor servicing both the on and off premise market. Established in 1963, Joval Wine Group’s activities are focused on fine wine, being underpinned by two of the most prestigious and well regarded fine wine distribution entities in Australia, red+white and Mezzanine, The Fine Wine Specialist. We have offices throughout Australia and an affiliation with wine production companies in both Australia and New Zealand and employ upwards of 200 staff nationally.
What will your role entail…
Due to recent business growth, we are now looking for a strong and energetic individual to step into a permanent full-time Area Business Manager – red+white based out of Hobart, TAS. The role’s focus is concentrated on driving the red + white portfolio of sales focusing on building relationships within Tasmania’s exciting and expanding wine and food scene.
This is an opportunity for a dynamic individual who thrives from new challenges and has a passion for wine and the wine industry. This person will possess a sound knowledge of wine, sales skills and bring initiative and drive to the role and the business. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organised and excited to step into a new challenge. This role will report directly to our State Manager – VIC & TAS and be based out of our Hobart Office.
*The role will require domestic travel occasionally within Tasmania.
Ideally the skills and qualifications we would like you to have…
- Tertiary qualifications in business or a related discipline or similar in work experience
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets, managing existing relationships and attracting new customers
- Passion for wine coupled with strong knowledge
- Solid written & verbal communication skills
- Personable, charismatic, resilient and driven personality
- The ability to develop new opportunities that will result in sales growth
- Thorough understanding of the industry and local market
- The ability to work autonomously and take calculated risks, while also building and fostering long-lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with winery partners, suppliers, customers and team mates.
How you will be rewarded….
- Work with great people, great brands and a great and growing company
- Competitive salary and conditions
- Car allowance, phone, laptop provided
- Annual wine allowance
- Fantastic opportunities for progression for the right candidate
Nb: Please be aware all our staff members have to submit a police check prior to their commencement of employment.