Saturday May 30, 4pm AEST
This event will run for approximately one hour.
To “attend” this virtual event, you will need to complete the “register now” form at the bottom of this web page.
Attendees will be able to ask questions during the live interactive broadcast.
The list of wines to be featured are named below, should you wish to source the wines and taste along during the event.
If seeking to purchase the wines, we recommend our YGOW Awards retail partner, Langton’s, or via the wineries directly.
Winemakers at the event to chat
- Ben Ranken, Wilimee (Macedon Ranges, VIC)
- Tim Perrin, Oakridge Wines (Yarra Valley, VIC)
- Glen Hayley, Kooyong / Port Phillip Estate (Mornington Peninsula, VIC)
- Ben Mullen, Mulline (Geelong, VIC)
- Chris Dilworth and Loïque Allain, Dilworth and Allain (Macedon Ranges, VIC)
- Renata Morello, Lyons Will Estate (Macedon Ranges, VIC)
- Natasha Webster, Empire of Dirt (Geelong, VIC)
- Plus special guest, Syd Bradford of Thick as Thieves (Yarra Valley/King Valley, VIC) – a past finalist (2012 & 2013) in the Young Gun of Wine Awards.
Wines to be tasted and discussed
Macedon / Yarra / Mornington / Geelong
- 2018 Wilimee Chardonnay (Macedon Ranges, VIC) RRP $45
- 2018 Port Phillip Estate ‘Morillon – Single Block Chardonnay’ (Mornington Peninsula, VIC) RRP $55
- 2019 Mulline ‘Bannockburn Fumé Blanc’ Sauvignon Blanc (Geelong, VIC) RRP $50
- 2019 Oakridge ‘Meunier’ Pinot Meunier (Yarra Valley, VIC) RRP $30
- 2018 Dilworth and Allain Wines ‘Douge’s Vineyard’ Pinot Noir (Macedon Ranges, VIC) RRP $55
- 2018 Lyons Will Estate Gamay (Macedon Ranges, VIC) RRP $39
- 2018 Empire of Dirt Wines ‘Ink’ Gamay (Geelong, VIC) RRP $38
- Special guest: 2018 Thick as Thieves ‘Purple Prose’ Gamay (King Valley, VIC) RRP $37
Please note, the Lyons Will Estate and the Empire of Dirt Gamays are available in YGOW Awards Top 50 mixed pack offers available at Langton’s.
One of the mixed packs available from Langton’s.
Your name and email address is required to access this virtual event. Register now to reserve your place, and be updated with further details of the event.
See the full list of Top 50 winemakers in the 2020 Young Gun of Wine Awards here, and also vote on who wins the People’s Choice until June 1.