We are currently seeking a motivated Area Managers to join our WA team, servicing the Independent Retail Group and On Trade Fine Wine Retail channels.
The Area Manager function is accountable for both of the Samuel Smith & Son and Negociants Australia portfolios.
Samuel Smith & Son services the Australian liquor industry with a collection of Australian and international wines, spirits, and craft ales. Samuel Smith & Son embraces and promotes a philosophy of knowledge, service and friendship. Established in 1923 by the Hill-Smith family, renowned wine experts Samuel Smith & Son has offices in each mainland capital city, as well as a national sales office in Adelaide and a presence in Tasmania, Far North Queensland, the Northern Territory and Canberra.
Negociants Australia is an importer of the world’s finest wines since 1984 and we are proud to represent outstanding family-owned wineries from Australia and abroad. Our dedicated and knowledgeable team of wine professionals is committed to the highest levels of customer service and quality representation of the wines we are honoured to distribute. It is this combination of portfolio and people that makes Negociants Australia one of this country’s leading fine wine merchants.
About the role
Reporting to the relevant channel based Field Sales Manager, the Area Manager works within a defined territory and has responsibility for building and maintaining current business in the channel. The Area Manager works to develop opportunities with existing customers to gain mutually beneficial commercial outcomes for the business and the customer whilst selling across the range of products within the portfolios.
- Deliver results in line with budgeted margin and product mix expectations and ensure opportunities are realised in line with brand guidelines.
- Build and foster existing customer relationships and support customers to build their team’s wine knowledge via small group presentations and hosted tastings.
- Interpret data to form actionable insights to leverage opportunity with customers.
- Execution of activation plans, provided by Customer Marketing, to deliver commercial success.
- Translate territory budgets into an operational plan and ensure execution to meet budget.
- Using the CRM Platform in line with company guidelines.
- Plan activities in line with channel expectations allowing flexibility to meet customer needs, at times outside of traditional business hours.
Previous experience in the wine, hospitality or retail liquor industry is essential with a solid understanding of Customer Relationship Management, Territory Management and Commercial Focus. Experience working with wine or a genuine interest in wine, WSET Level 2 or equivalent wine knowledge and an established network in the wine industry is preferred. Strong relationship development and sales skills are a must and good commercial acumen including comfort working with margins and reporting is essential. A current unrestricted driving licence to operate a company vehicle(s) is essential for the role.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary with full on boarding and training provided
- A family-owned business with an outstanding and supportive culture
- Company vehicle provided