Wednesday May 20, 6:30pm AEST
This event will run for approximately one hour.
To “attend” this virtual event, you will need to complete the “register now” form at the bottom of this web page.
Attendees will be able to ask questions during the live interactive broadcast.
The list of wines to be featured are named below, should you wish to source the wines and taste along during the event.
If seeking to purchase the wines, we recommend our YGOW Awards retail partner, Langton’s, or via the wineries directly.
Winemakers at the event to chat
- Andre Bondar, Bondar Wines (McLaren Vale, SA)
- Ansel Ashby, Gatch Wine (SA)
- Charles Seppelt & Skye Salter, Paralian Wines (McLaren Vale, SA)
- Con-Greg Grigoriou, Delinquente Wine Co (Riverland, SA)
- Mauricio Ruiz Cantu & Benjamin Caldwell, Somos (McLaren Vale, SA)
- Nick Dugmore, The Stoke Wines (Kangaroo Island, SA)
- Plus special guest, Rob Mack of Aphelion (McLaren Vale, SA) – the 2018 Young Gun of Wine.
Wines to be tasted and discussed
- 2019 Delinquente Wine Co ‘Weeping Juan’ Pink Pet–Nat (Riverland) RRP $25
- 2019 Gatch x Little Bang ‘Nero Nouveau’ Nero d’Avola (Riverland) RRP $30
- 2019 Somos Cabernet Franc (McLaren Vale) RRP $32
- 2019 The Stoke Wines ‘French for Shiraz’ (Kangaroo Island) RRP $35
McLaren Vale Grenache
- 2018 Paralian Wines Grenache Shiraz (McLaren Vale) RRP $36
- 2019 Bondar Wines ‘Rayner Vineyard’ Grenache (McLaren Vale) RRP $38
- Special guest: 2019 Aphelion ‘Confluence’ Grenache (McLaren Vale) RRP $35
Please note, the Paralian Grenache Shiraz and the Bondar ‘Rayner Vineyard’ Grenache are available in YGOW Awards Top 50 mixed pack offers available at Langton’s.
Your name and email address is required to access this virtual event. Register now to reserve your place, and be updated with further details of the event.
See the full list of Top 50 winemakers in the 2020 Young Gun of Wine Awards here, and also vote on who wins the People’s Choice until June 1.